The state of Maryland and its local governments are offering a number of grants to help small businesses weather the challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. These grants can be used for a number of essential business expenses, from purchases of Personal Protective Equipment to payroll expenses to marketing and communications needs.
Maryland received nearly $2.4 billion from the Coronavirus Relief Fund established through the CARES Act. Part of this allotment was used for each county to set up a COVID-19 relief program in order to assist businesses negatively impacted by the pandemic. Other funds are available through The Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) DBE Business Development Reimbursement Program (BDRP).
- Anne Arundel County – Small Business Customer & Employee Protection Grant
- Baltimore County – Small Business Emergency Relief Grants Program
- Caroline County – Emergency Grant Funding for Small Businesses
- Cecil County – Cecil Cares Small Business Grant; Cecil Catalyst COVID-19 Loans
- Charles County – COVID-19 Business Relief Fund
- Frederick County – Jump Start Business Grants
- Garrett County – Kick Start Grant Program
- Harford County – COVID -19 Business Relief Grants
- Howard County – Business Support and Relief
- Prince George’s County – Hourly Employee Relief Fund
- Queen Anne’s County – Small Business Assistance and Recovery Fund
- St. Mary’s County – COVID-19 Small Business and Non-Profit Relief Fund
- Washington County – Rise Up Washington County Business Stabilization Grant
The Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) DBE Business Development Reimbursement Program (BDRP)
The BDRP is a DBE supportive service, with the goal of increasing the number of state-certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) firms serving as prime contractors and subcontractors on federally funded contracts. The objective is to assist MDOT Certified DBE firms in increasing their competency and business capacity.
Who is Eligible?
- All MDOT certified DBE firms with North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) applicable to the transportation industry
- DBEs MUST be headquartered in the State of Maryland
- DBE must be interested and capable of working in the transportation marketplace
What Products and Services are Eligible for Reimbursement?
These funds can be used for a number of expenses related to the DBE firm’s core business function:
- Website Design/Development
- Logo Design
- Business Plan Preparation
- Membership Fees for Professional Organizations/Associations
- Software/Software License
How Can We Help?
The Millennium team is driven by one simple concept: We are here to help clients reach their business goals. This problem-solver mindset is behind everything we do, from the inspiration that fuels our designs, to the strategy driving our marketing tactics. Whether you need marketing strategy or advice to solve your business challenges, we’re here to help! Contact us and let’s start the conversation.