One consistent trend sparked by the COVID-19 Pandemic is a huge uptick in the usage of social media. In fact, Facebook and Instagram have seen a 40% increase in usage. Weekly views for Instagram Live and Facebook Live have doubled.
With that in mind, here are some tips to consider as you use social media to reach your customers:
- Update Essential Information, Including Current Hours & New Safety Protocols
Frequently update your “about us” with your most current opening and visiting guidelines. Have your hours changed? What is your mask policy? Use pinned posts to keep important information visible on your page.
- Evaluate the Timing of Scheduled Posts
Everyone’s routine has changed, as have many people’s work hours. Check engagement rates on recent posts to re-evaluate when your audience is most active.
- Use Compassionate Messaging & Express Gratitude
We are all in this together! Share successes and also challenges. Be empathic, be kind, and be positive. A little bit of humor goes a long way in connecting with your clients. Demonstrate your connection and contributions to your community.
- Create & Share Engaging Video Content
Video consumption is increasing among all social platforms and is a great way to share information quickly. Stumped on how to create great video content? Showcase your services, host a Q&A, interview a recent client about a project, or go live and show your team at work!
- Use Built-In Automation to Work Smarter, Not Harder
Take advantage of automation within relevant social media platforms. Consider inputting the following automated responses:
– Away Message – You can set these for hours/days when there will be no customer service representatives available.
– Location and Other Contact Information – If a customer asks where your business is, you can automatically respond with your location information.
– Request a Customer’s Contact Information – Maybe you want to take customer service conversations off Facebook. Use this option to ask customers for their email addresses or phone number.
– Page Recommended/Page Not Recommended – Automatically thank people who publicly recommend your page, or ask for feedback from people who publicly do not recommend your page.
– Frequently Asked Questions – This will suggest FAQs to customers who ask a question. Remember that you will need to set these all up beforehand, and this can take time.
Looking for more advice on how to streamline your social media efforts and increase your engagement? Contact us to schedule a consultation with our social media and digital marketing experts.