Did you know that YouTube is the world’s second largest search engine? There are one billion hours watched daily, not including the video advertisements, cooking demonstrations, and how-to videos that you see when you scroll through Facebook. By the end of 2017, video will account for 69% of all consumer internet traffic, according to Cisco.
Have you considered adding video to your marketing? If not, you may want to give it another thought. Video is a way to connect with your audience in a busy world where it may be difficult to get your message across. In fact, more people will watch a video before reading text. A video can better demonstrate concepts that are difficult to convey through content or static images.
Our video marketing experts have outlined some useful tips for creating and promoting your video content in the most effective ways possible.
Tips for creating video content:
- Know your goals. Are you sharing information, improving brand awareness, generating leads, or creating engagement? Specifically, do you want more people to click through to your website, generate sales, obtain email addresses, or increase social media engagement?
- Have fun and loosen up. When people are watching your video, they should feel like you are having a conversation with them.
- Think visually. What do you want people to see, not just hear? What will be your background? Will you be sitting, standing, or walking? If your background is busy or noisy, it will be hard for your audience to focus on what you have to say.
- Get equipped or hire help. If you’re shooting a video yourself at a minimum you will need an iPhone or GoPro camera, a small lighting kit, a tripod, and a good-quality microphone. If you don’t have the equipment, hire a professional. Keep in mind, video created with phones are great for social media, however, if you are creating a video that you plan to use more than once or to showcase on your website, you should consider using a professional production team.
- Set a budget. No matter if you are doing it yourself or hiring a company, know how much you want to spend on props, equipment, a production company, or even time to have videos produced.
- Tell a story. Give people something to remember. Make them feel comfortable, tap into their emotions. No matter if you are giving them a good laugh, making them hungry, or getting them to cry, it is important to connect with them.
Places to share your video content:
- Social Media – Create a YouTube channel, and/or share on Social Media sites devoted to photos and videos including Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and Periscope. All of these networks allow you to record video from your smartphone and upload it to the network or stream live. You can also share your videos on Twitter and LinkedIn. Find out what your audience likes to use most.
- Email Blasts – Studies show that you will get a higher click-through-rate using video in your email campaigns.
- Landing Pages – It has been proven that businesses can receive an 80% jump in conversion rates by adding videos to their landing pages. This can include landing pages aimed toward growing your email list, getting people to attend a webinar, signing up for a free trial, submitting a lead form, or purchasing your products.
- Your Website – Provide visitors a few instructional/how-to videos or testimonial videos to better demonstrate what you do and how well you do it.
- Trade Shows – Having a video display at your booth will engage visitors and get them to stop to learn more.
Not convinced, read over this clever infographic that provides eye-opening facts about Video Marketing.
Need help getting started on your video campaign? Our experts are here to help! Contact us at 301.725.8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.