The Account Coordinator is responsible for the support and service of the client . Under the supervision of an Account Manager/Executive, the Account Coordinator provides overall day-to-day customer service and support to ensure the effective execution of customer objectives in marketing and advertising campaigns / projects.
The position encompasses administration, customer service, project tracking, research and handling budgets/estimates.
The marketing account coordinator is the client’s representative within the agency. They are the link between the client and the entire agency team.
Duties of an Account Coordinator include client correspondence, creating presentations and presenting estimates to clients. They’ll also work closely with clients and internal teams to best meet client needs. They must also pitch ideas, develop strategies and demonstrate problem-solving abilities to address client issues.
Account coordinators act as representatives of a marketing firm. In order to satisfy a client’s needs, the account coordinator meets with clients to collect ideas and direction about a marketing campaign. Then, the account coordinator meets with the sales and marketing team to communicate those ideas.
- Traffic projects (design, print, promo and web) through creative and production to ensure deadlines are met and projects are kept within scope and budget
- Obtain schedules and advises clients and internal team of any delays or variances
- Proof reads material at all stages of project and ensures clients brand standards are maintained and scope of project is met
- Remains current on all aspects of client marketing trends and other areas affecting client’s business
- Has a full understanding of Millennium’s 360 solution and works with the account executive on presenting / selling additional services
- Effectively communicate goals and issues to a variety of marketing team members.
- Participate in weekly status meetings
- Issues, copies and circulates notes from meetings
- Responds and delivers Client and internal requests in a service oriented manner
- Recognizes financial terminology and understands what can have an impact on a project budget
- Fosters a good working relationship with clients, either through direct contact or in support of client needs
- Tracks receipt and quality of projects and samples
- Provides other administrative support to account executive
- A degree in marketing is preferred
- Strong desire to be in the communications industry
- A “can do” attitude
- Works well under pressure and deadlines
- Has excellent time management
- Is logical, work-oriented, and analytical