Enjoy a delicious lunch and an afternoon of learning with our Digital Marketing Manager and Director of Clients. Our team will lead a discussion on the growing importance of Google My Business and Local SEO as related to managing your business’s growth and online reputation. We will also provide insights on how to maximize your social media marketing using organic and paid methods, as well as ways to help with the time management of it.
Rock, paper…digital? Paper covers rock, but how does it measure up to digital when it comes to lead generation and brand recognition? Statistics show there is no need to choose one over the other. In fact, using them together is the best strategy!
On average, there is a 28% increase in conversion rate when direct mail and digital ads are used together.1
The average person receives nearly 3,000 online messages per day. Our inboxes, social media feeds, phones, and the websites we visit are inundated with messages to “buy” this, “visit” here, “donate” there, and “apply now”. These messages are targeted and will create leads, but they can get lost in a busy digital landscape. Supporting your digital ads with direct mail can improve click-through and conversion rates.
Marketing campaigns that used direct mail and one or more digital media mediums experienced a 118% lift in response rate compared to using direct mail only.1
Your customers are on multiple platforms. Are you? As more companies have shifted their marketing budgets away from print, the advantages of direct mail have grown. Less mail means there are more opportunities for your message to stand out in the mailbox.
64% of Millennials would rather scan for useful information in mail rather than email.2
Direct mail is great at driving people to visit a webpage, encouraging customers to buy online, and collecting information about your prospects. Information that you can better use to target them with a digital campaign. It allows you to start a conversation and build a relationship with your customers. Also, the more that you can engage and learn about your clients by using direct mail, the more cost-effective your digital campaigns will be.
The average household receives only two pieces of direct mail a day, compared to 157 e-mails.1
Direct mail has the greatest impact because it offers a tangible experience for the customer. It has the highest rate of success in new customer acquisition compared to other marketing channels, according to Target Marketing.
Create a successful direct mail campaign.
- Develop a strategy. Who are you going to send it to? Why are you sending it to them and what are your goals? How can you make it personalized? Simply adding color and a person’s name to your postcard can increase responses by 135%.1
- Make sure you have good data. If you use a house list, remove bad addresses and filter the data based on your goals. For example, if you are a non-profit, you could sort the data by the donation amount that people have given in the past. This would allow you to create campaigns and messaging for each group based on past giving history. If you are buying a list, make sure that you are purchasing it from a reliable source and that you buy it based on your audience’s demographics, location, and interests.
- Create a professionally designed direct mail piece that provides a clear message and call to action. Tell your customers a story and add personalized messages, offers, and/or graphics. Oversized postcards will stick out in the mail and provide enough space for colorful graphics and text to give your prospect the information to make them want to buy, respond, and learn more.
- Measure your responses and know your results. No matter if your goal is to have people fill out a survey, buy something online, or call for more information, make sure you are gathering the information. As a highly trackable medium, mail lets you monitor the impact and ROI of every initiative. It also allows you to better analyze and learn about your customers.
Are you ready to gain more business, quality leads, and improve your response rate? We will help you with each step of the process including the strategy, buying a list, printing, and mailing.
2 Vinnedge, Phil. USPS Mail Moments: 2016 Review. USPS, 2016.
As a Google Partner, Millennium Marketing Solutions hosts Google-specific educational events throughout the year. On May 2, 2018, in honor of Small Business Week, we hosted a “Google Bites” luncheon for a group of local business owners and marketing professionals. Google’s live webinar covered a range of topics including the power of Google My Business, local citations/listings, and tips on how to connect with today’s consumers.
In case you missed it, here are some of the key takeaways we learned:
- Today’s consumers are curious – 87% of smartphone owners turn to search first in a moment of need and there has been 80% growth in mobile searches for “best” in the past 2 years.
- Today’s consumers are demanding – More than 85% growth in mobile searches for “where to buy (product)”.
- Today’s consumers are impatient – there has been a 3x increase in “open now” searches.
Stay ahead of the game, use Google My Business
This is a powerful, FREE tool from Google that allows you to claim and maintain your digital footprint. Once you claim your listing through a postcard or phone verification you have complete ownership of your citation.
Ownership of a citation requires that you constantly monitor it because Google is always rolling out updates, consumers can leave reviews (which you should always acknowledge whether they are positive or not), and anyone can request changes to it.
When you have a complete Google My Business listing, studies show that the end user is 2.7x more likely to consider your business reputable. Your business is 70% more likely to attract a location visit and 50% more likely to lead to a purchase.
Some of the amazing tools of Google My Business include:
- Google Posts – Google allows you to create a post that lives on your citation for up to 7 days. These posts help keep your information fresh and can provide business or product updates to the consumer. Millennium utilizes this tool for our clients to post offers, open houses, specials, and more.
- Videos – Google recently released the ability to share videos on your citation. When sharing videos, it’s important to think about the story you’re trying to tell. Considering front-loading your script and have a plan for your message.
- Reviews – Nothing is more important on Google My Business than reviews. Reviews give users the ability to share their experience. You can read and reply to these reviews as well as provide useful feedback. By doing this, you create loyal followers.
There is so much more that you can do with your Google My Business listing. If you are ready to claim your listing, let us help you. Our team of digital marketing experts are ready to help. Thank you to those who attended the event, if you couldn’t make it, sign up for our newsletter and stay up-to-date on upcoming events!
Google searches for “near me” have seen a huge increase in the last four years. Which means when someone near your business searches for the products and services you offer, it is essential that your business’s information comes up in the results.
- Tips on targeting your local audience
- How to create a business listing
- How to get the most from Google My Business
Google announced earlier this month that starting in July 2018, users and SEO experts will notice several changes as part of the Chrome 68 release. Starting in July, when browsing the internet using Google search and Chrome, not only will page speed affect mobile search rankings, but more importantly, non-secure (http://) websites will now be labeled as “not secure.” This matters!
Continue Reading »
There are plenty of reasons to love advertising on YouTube, but we’ll start with the obvious: it’s an inexpensive, yet effective way to reach your target audience, and that potential audience is huge! In fact, consumers aged 18-49-years-old regularly watch YouTube in place of broadcast TV or any of the cable networks. Altogether, over a billion hours of YouTube content are watched collectively every single day and there is a very good chance your customers or clients can be targeted on YouTube through advertising.Continue Reading »
With much anticipation, trade show season is fast-approaching! There are many ways to boost your booth traffic and put your business out there before, during, and after the show. Integrating social media into your trade show and event marketing plan is a great way to enhance your business’ presence.
Our social media, promotional product, and trade show experts came together to create a solid list of ways you can incorporate social media into your next trade show.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is complicated and competitive. Everyone with a website has the same question: How do I get my content on the first page of the Google search results page so that I can garner the most possible traffic. The answer is not straightforward, and because of the way Google’s algorithm changes it is a moving target. To help you get a better understanding of what search engine marketing is about, here are answers to five of the most common questions we hear.